Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Last Few Days


It seems that this last week we have finally fallen into a routine here at the house.  It is finally beginning to really feel like home and not just a house full of boxes.  For the most part the entire main floor is clean and unpacked.  Upstairs is still a bit of a mess but will not take long to clean up once our painter is finished (which will hopefully be this week!).  The basement has a lot of empty boxes and a few full ones still.  We plan on painting the basement floor and walls ourselves in the near future.  Every Saturday I clean the house.  I dust, vacuum, sweep, clean the bathroom and kitchen, do the laundry, etc.  So far I have kept to this routine religiously!  I hope I can keep it up because if I skimp just one weekend, my house may become the dust zone.  My apartment was usually cleaned every other week.....but this is MINE so I must keep it CLEAN.  Hahaha!

We've been making lots of progress this week in different areas.  We went to Lowe's and purchased all new custom blinds for our main floor.  There will be a post on that soon!  I also have my fall and Halloween decorations up already (don't judge!) and I will also follow up on a post with that later.  But today, I will show you some of the other things we did this past week.

First of all, Brandon finally got that darn stump out of the ground!  Now the backyard is so much more open.  Brandon has been doing lots of stuff outside to try and help our yard.  Our yard is VERY bumpy and very patchy with grass.  We bought a whole bunch of different weed sprays, bug sprays, and grass seed this week.  We also plan to purchase top soil to try and even out the yard.  Here he is hard at work:



Yay!  All done!

We also made another trip to Lowe's to buy rakes and shovels and such. :)  They pretty much know us by name there now! 

So many options!
Brandon enjoyed a lot of quality time with the garage this week.  He cleaned it all out from top to bottom on his day off.  Now I can walk in without feeling like I'm walking into a dungeon.  It's so nice.  He spent time putting up all of his new things and getting stuff organized.  It's definitely his space to do what he wants with since I've pretty much claimed the entire house!


We found this in the basement when we tore down the old coal room.......CREEPY!


All of his new stuff :)  Boys can shop too. 

On a different note, my brother finally found a house!!!  He waited on a short sale but it was taking so long that he kept looking and got this cute one.  It's only a couple of minutes away from us.  The house has been totally flipped and he should be able to move in next month!  It's been a lot of fun shopping with him for all the stuff he will need to move out!  Maybe I should start another blog....My brother's house.  Lol just kidding!  Anyways, here is a picture of the front:
Cute, huh?

And finally, last weekend we went to the Lions first game of the season!!!!  We took Brandon's parents as a birthday gift to them.  Here are some pictures from the day:

On our way!

Aren't we adorable?


The players running out

Tony Scheffler coming out!  I like him solely based on his dance moves when he scores touchdowns.

Kevin Smith.  I like him when he's not injured :)

And my man (besides Brandon of course) CALVIN JOHNSON!

One of the plays that didn't turn out so hot for us.

Final Score....we won in the last 30 seconds.

So that was a ton of fun.  Brandon's parents took us out for a nice dinner afterwards and overall it was a great day!  Most of you know that 2 years ago I knew NOTHING about football, but thanks to my husband, I'm now pretty hardcore.  :)

No comments: