Monday, December 3, 2012

Sorry it's been so long...

Well, you probably all thought I quit my blog!  I didn't, I promise....I've just been really, REALLY busy!   But, 'tis the season to be busy, right?  Even though we're both busy, we have not been slacking when it comes to Christmas and our first house!  Our house is already decked out as Griswald-y as our budget would allow!  Christmas is my favorite holiday (followed closely by Black Friday) and decorating is my thing, so would you really expect any less from me?  Haha!  

Anyways, not to disappoint, but this post is not about my house (don't worry that's coming) but my brother's.  I've been meaning to post this for a while, but it's never too late.  :) 

As many of you know, Tyler bought his own house and moved out of my parent's house a month or two ago.  I nicely documented moving day for him to cherish forever...haha!

Here he is so excited to be moving on this crappy, rainy day :)

Luckily he did not have too much to move and we had quite a few guys to help...but at this point it was just Tyler, my dad, and our friend Travis!
My job was to pack the food while they packed furniture :)

Now for Tyler's house tour:

This room is the back entry (new addition) and dining room:
Tyler got to take our family's SUPER OLD dining room table....seriously, we found hay in the chairs when we re-upholstered them!!!  It looks really nice in his dining area.

This is the other half of the back entry room:
I love the built-in storage wall.

This is the back bedroom (also new addition), probably meant to be the master but Tyler plans to use it as an entertainment room for video games and such.

There is no basement, so his washer and dryer are in the furnace room.

This is his kitchen.  It is nicely redone, but he doesn't like that it is such a tight, high traffic area.

Here is the front living room.  It is decently sized and as far as I know only has a couch in it now that he is settled in...lol.  He hopes to take out the built in cupboards (that used to be a closet before the house was flipped) and drywall so he can mount a TV in there.

This is the front bedroom.  I LOVE the dark blue walls!  He is using this as an "office".

And this bedroom is the one he will actually sleep in.  It's much smalled than the "master" but works just fine for him.  And it's by the bathroom, so that's a plus.

His bathroom is super nice!  It's just as tiny as ours, but I LOVE that shower!

And then there is the upstairs that most people wouldn't even guess to look for!
Extra room

4th bedroom
Here we are seeing how many men it takes to put together a floor lamp.....haha!

Jordan kept hiding from my camera...

My adorable cousins, Caleb and Maddie :)

Some of the ladies at church threw him a "Guy Shower".  Haha, totally awesome!

Relaxing in the living room once we were unpacked...not sure what is going on though!

His very beige bedroom finished :)

So, that concludes the tour of Tyler's house :)  Hope you all enjoyed it immensely! :)

No comments: