Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Summer

Summer sure has flown by this year and I'm sorry I didn't post more...  I have lots of picture updates coming but I procrastinate because my computer loves to crash while uploading them and that irritates me so much!!!  Anyways, being the techie guru that I am (not), I downloaded the blogger app onto our iPad and finally I can share and upload pictures almost instantly!
See!?  Proof.  Haha!  
This summer has been really nice.  I taught summer school through the end of July so now I have August to relax before starting all over again.  I have been a little bit stressed about school this coming year because we have lots of changes coming including switching over to full blown teacher taught curriculum that we are still working to develop.  Being the only social studies teacher in the building means that the work to develop it falls on me.  But I am making do with the help of my co workers!  

Currently I've been watching a lot of my favorite TV shows to relax: Mad Men, Parks and Recreation, and my new summer favorite, Dexter.  I have also kept the house record keeping clean if I do say so myself. ;) And of course Brandon and I have been spending a ton of time with Zo-bug, as we like to call her.  She is 6 months old already, can you believe it?!  I'm sure you have been dying for more pictures of her....so here you go:
Fully prepared for fall football season :)

"Dad, why aren't you paying attention to me?"

Neighborhood watch.  Ball included.

Practicing her tunnel skills so we can prepare for agility classes in the future.

And...sleeping in one of her favorite spots.  So cute. :)

We've done a lot of things around the house and yard this summer but one of the biggest and most expensive things we did was the plumbing.  We had to upgrade all of our pipes because we had some copper/galvanized pipe issues (I think I got that right...haha) and our home insurance rate was going to go up if we didn't take care of it....so we did!
Pretty new pex pipes....ooooh ahhhh

We also moved the washer and dryer to a different corner and re-did the venting and drain pipe.
It's so nice having them next to each other now.  Our next project is painting the floor and walls and then we will build shelves.

It was a year on August 11 I believe that we got the keys....so this weekend would be the 1 year anniversary of moving in!  And I'm feeling so nostalgic...remember when we picked it....our cozy, comfy house?

We have already made so many great memories here and I can't wait to see what's to come!











No comments: