Friday, July 27, 2012

Packing, painting, and packing some more!

Sorry about the long pause....we've been super busy trying to prepare for our big move!
Anyways, it's time for some updates!


Below is the stalker picture I took of the new roof!  YAY!  If you remember, we were SUPER excited that the sellers agreed to re-roof for us.
Beautiful isn't it!  Look at those nice roof vents!  Didn't even know those existed a couple of months ago...I'm turning into a home improvement pro, right?!  Haha!


So, we originally had a move in date of August 9 but the sellers said they'd probably be out early.  Unfortunately their closing on their new house was delayed so they asked us if we could wait until Aug. 11.  We were a little bummed but it's really no problem for us, we don't want to hassle them with a double move because of a couple days.  So, we still have a little bit before we move...but that hasn't stopped us from packing up as much as we can!  Take a look at our progress:

My new little pig and cow for the house :)  So cute!


Books get packed first!


Slowly adding up...

I have lots of books!  (And toilet paper...don't judge, it was on sale!)

And it's getting bigger!


And BIGGER!

OK now it's just plain taking over....
We've also started painting primer over our walls that we painted when we moved in.  This is required by the apartments :(

What Brandon did (plus the bathroom which isn't pictured)

What I've done...lol  And I did the all of the edging in the bathroom :)

Whew, it's a lot to do!  I am absolutely HATING my apartment in this messy state....I am a neat freak to the core and so is Brandon.  So we are trying to paint quickly so everything can go back in its place for a while. 

We did take a nice break last weekend and headed up north with friends!  Here is a picture of us all sweaty and gross mid-bike ride around the island!

If only I could go back in time and tell myself to buy sunscreen and LATHER it on!!!  Idiot!

No comments: