Wednesday, May 30, 2012

House Hunters: Round 3

Last Friday, Steve took Brandon and me out to look at four more homes.  Surprisingly, we were all available on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend, which was great!

Here are the pictures:

House #1
I did not like this house online, but I knew Brandon would like the backyard...so we took a look anyways.
The room on the left there was formerly a single stall attached garage.  Now they have a new 2 stall detached garage.
That big yard I was talking about :)
I saw this hole in the back...it was the entrance to the "crawl space."  There was no basement :(
We had to use the camera's flash to see what was underneath.  Water=Not Good
The former garage
The kitchen/dining room.  It looks decent, but the cupboards were very hard to open...too much paint or something.
The massive living room
Eww
So, this house was out.  It was in my girly words "pretty nasty".

House #2
I tell Steve he's not in my pictures...so ignore him and just look at the house!  Haha!
The living room and my husband  :)  Their house wasn't really my style, but the layout was great and that's what matters!
I titled this the "Jesus Wall"!  lol
The kitchen - definitely needed some updated hardware!
HAHAHA!!!  If I move here, I'm keeping this.
I had to capture the other side of this room!
Comparatively boring master bedroom :)
Small finished room in the basement...reeked of cat pee. :(
The rest of the basement :)
This house was pretty good.  It was in our price range, in a nice area, with a nice layout.  The downside was the neighbors.  The whole time we were there, which totaled less than 20 minutes, two or three neighbor dogs were barking (nonstop) and there were a ton of screaming kids!  Ahhh!

House #3
Pretty :)
This was the porch/bonus room. 
Nice half bath off of the entry porch room.  Love!
Dining Room/Kitchen - I LOVE big baseboards!  :)
Other side of kitchen....sorry about the blur
Cozy living room
Original front door!  The staircase behind me was BEAUTIFUL, but my camera battery died and I changed it when I went upstairs and totally forgot to get a picture of the stairs!!!
I loved the ceiling on this porch!
Half of the big upstairs bathroom
One of three upstairs bedrooms.  We would use this one as the master.
The roof needed repair.
The basement...more tolerable than some we've been in, but not my favorite.
We loved this house, it had a nice yard and lots of room.  It also had some projects for Brandon.  The downside of the house was the remodeling was not done very well in every area and the street was a little run down, even though it's in a good town.

House #4
So cute!
Nice deep backyard
They added a nice 3 season room...but it's a little weird that it has plastic in the windows where you would think screens should be.
The basement is big, I just took a picture randomly!
One side of the living room...so cute!
The other side - love the character on the ceiling!
Main floor bedroom/den with original hardwood floors.
Bathroom - small, but nice
Master bedroom upstairs - The ceiling is so low we thought the fan was going to take our heads off!
The cute nursery!
Don't get any ideas everybody...haha!
I liked her decorating in the stairwell :)
Dining Room
Saved the best for last again!  The kitchen!!!
This house was also awesome!  We loved pretty much all of it.  There would be a few small projects again and we'd definitely have to get rid of the cat smell!

~

Well, we had all of Memorial Day weekend to think over all of the homes we've seen and guess what!?  We put an offer on one yesterday after a second walk-through.  AND, we got it!  We got a call while we were sitting on the couch watching "Rocket Man" (awesome movie by the way!).  I'll give you some more details later...but in true "House Hunters" fashion, I will give you our top three and let you guess which one we picked! :)

~

House #1 - The Move-In Ready House


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
House #2 - The Old-Fashioned House with Character





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
House #3 - The Cute and Cozy House


That's right, I'm not telling you yet!

No comments: