Thursday, May 10, 2012

Moving Forward

Good news!  We've been pre-approved to buy a home in the price range we want!!!

Brandon and I met with our bank last night and after some tedious scouring of our pay stubs, W-2's etc., we can now officially start looking for our home.  The funny part is, we can thank school loans for our good credit.  Go figure.  Never knew they would come in handy for something besides actually attending college after high school.  Without Brandon's credit, I would not have been approved.  It seems so backwards that people who pay everything on time and don't have any big debts are the ones who can't get pre-approved unless they have a LOT of cash.  Our good friends just found that out.  One would think they should be the most deserving of a pre-approval.  But anyways, we are very happy to be moving forward.  We are meeting our realtor face to face on Saturday and we will be going to see several different houses.  It's been a process (to say the least) to look through so many pictures of different houses and narrow it down.  I've narrowed it down to 12 I want to walk through.  I don't know if that's good or bad!   We are SO excited to see the houses we like in real life! 

Brandon took me to Red Robin AND the mall after we found out we were pre-approved!  He MUST be excited!  :)  Pray for us that we would find the right house.  I am attracted to anything cute, but I need to learn to be practical and discerning.  We do not have tons of money stowed away to make lots of repairs or updates so we are looking for a nice, renovated house.  I'll update you this weekend on how the walk-throughs went.  I'll even try to take some pictures of what we like! :)

No comments: