Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Little Bit About Us

Some of you may not know Brandon and me very well or at all.  So let me introduce us.  I will be keeping our last name and location as well as a few other things private.

Brandon and I met while I was still in college.  He had graduated but was still in the area working at Macy's.  We were introduced through our good friends Allie and Gary and did not like each other at first but eventually that changed.  After a few weeks of looking for excuses to call each other on the phone he worked up the nerve to ask me on a date and I accepted.  We had our first date on September 12, 2009.  Things flew from then on!  By December of 2010 we were engaged and exactly 6 months later we were married!!!  

Being married has been a blast.  People ask us all the time "How's married life?" and though that's a very broad question, we have always had a positive answer.  I had prayed since I was a little girl that God would prepare the right man for me and God more than answered my prayers.  To all you single girls out there, start praying NOW for your future husband.  God will listen.  Brandon and I have been so blessed together.  God has not let us down in any way.  We also feel very lucky that we have two sets of wonderful parents who love each other and set great examples.

Right now Brandon works at a local credit union.  He is a teller and also works at the loan desk.  He graduated with a secondary teaching degree in music education but did not end up fully pursuing that.  He loves to play his trumpet though!  Currently he is taking classes to add an elementary teaching endorsement to his certificate.  So, hopefully in the near future he will be an elementary teacher!

For those of you who don't know I also am a teacher.  I also have a secondary certification (middle and high school) but mine is in social studies and history.  I currently teach at an inner-city alternative high school.  This is my first year of "real" teaching but I had plenty of alternative teaching experience and special education experience (Emotionally Impaired and Learning Disabled) as a long-term sub last year.  I love my job and feel called to work where I am right now. 


No comments: