Thursday, May 24, 2012

Two Crazy Days

Let's just say the last 48 hours have been CRAZY!!!  On Tuesday we went out and saw 5 homes (pictures will be coming soon!!!).  Brandon fell in love with one and I with another.  Of course that would happen, right?  Haha!  Well, we ended up both agreeing that one of them was better.  No, it was not about one of us winning. :)  So then we wondered.....should we put an offer on it?  We wanted to wait until we saw one more house later this week.  But, come 8am the next morning, our realtor let us know that the house we put in 2nd place already had an offer and the one we loved had someone writing up an offer that very minute.  That's when things went into overdrive!

I was at school and Brandon was at work, and my realtor Steve and I were practically instant chatting via e-mail.  We decided to put in an offer at $100 over the price they were asking.  Steve e-mailed me drafts of the purchase agreement while I e-mailed him stuff from the bank.  Meanwhile Brandon was only getting tidbits of information from the sporatic texts I was sending!  Let's just say that it wasn't the best time of the day to be doing this, but we were on a deadline!!!  Finally after spending my entire lunch period on the phone with Steve going over the purchase agreement paragraph by paragraph, I faxed him a signed copy.  We were done.  Now we had to wait.

The sellers were meeting with their realtor at 8pm to go over the two offers they had.  We were told to expect a phone call before midnight or otherwise in the morning.  We stayed up as late as we could and then fell asleep dreaming about what our plans for this house would be. 

I woke up feeling SO tired.  I hardly slept.  We had two e-mails from Steve basically saying he had not heard anything yet.  So.....we waited some more.

Finally, at 9am, we heard.  Steve never got a call from the realtor, he ended up calling him.  We didn't get the house.  I was pretty bummed and e-mailed Brandon to let him know.  We had really wanted to be together for the news, but it didn't work out that way.  Apparently the other offer was better for the seller.  So, now we keep looking.  We will be seeing 5-7 homes tomorrow!  It is sad to fall in love with a house and then not get it, but we know that God has a better plan for us.  We are not worried and we are not in a hurry.   Looking on the bright side, I get to do more shopping! :)

1 comment:

Reva said...

When Michael & I were house-hunting, our realtor showed us our dream house the day it was put on the market. Later that same day, someone bought it with cash! Obviously, we could not compete with that, and we were quite devastated :( Even still, your blog makes me want to shop for houses again -- it's emotional and a little stressful, but super-fun, too! :)